Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Hardest Thing About Flying

Somthing I was going to post to rec.flying but decided to put here:

The hardest part about flying is finding the time, and justifying the Money.

If you have a family and your honest you and they will know that every flying dollar spent is not going to something else that they may want just as much. It's a very selfish and expensive activity.

A few have the fortune of partner who shares the same vision, or can justify it all as a business expense. (Foy myself I have my two boys on my side, they love to fly and have dragged mom along for the ride)

On the actual flying front, the most difficult thing is learning to think ahead of the activity and stay focused. During normal daily life most people have the luxury of being able to take things as they come and suffer no ill effects. Do that in a plane for too long and eventually you'll get that too many things to handled error.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Aileron said...

David,

Nice blog. I sympathize with you. I towed banners and gave flight instruction for several years before going to law school. I continued to fly enough to stay current until I had kids (priorities definitely changed at that point). My kids are now 11, 9 and 8, and I am finally flying again on a regular basis.

Check out my blog at from-the-cockpit.blogspot.com if you have a chance. You will probably be my first visitor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home