Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New Tool

The first official family flight went well for the most part. My oldest son had the beginnings of an ear infection that didn't announce itself until we landed back at LVK, that put a damper on things after a nice return flight.

Prior to leaving I downloaded Voyager Free Flight from Seattle Avionics. I had been switching between the Golden Eagle and AOPA flight planning software, not impressed enough with either to pony up and purchase.

The Voyager software has a nice interface and, for my purposes, a good straight forwarded flight plan picture. All the info is right there, it downloads automatically, and the kneeboard printout has all the required information right there.

The only other thing I would want is the actual sectional available.

Check it out if you haven't.

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think of Voyager compared to Garmin? Have you seen Garmin's new blog -- www.garmin.blogs.com

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger SloppyPilot said...

I actually don't have any comparison to the two. I'm still pretty happy with voyager.

It's pretty amazing when I can combine all the tools out there for flight planning(airnav.com, runwayfinder.com and now voyager), how much detail is available. It just keeps getting better.

Thanks for the blog link, I'll check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home