Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Not this time

One of the difficulties in being a Sloppy Pilot is trying to get the flight time to improve. This last weekends attempt being an example. The plane was scheduled months in advance. A backup reservation was made on another plane at another FBO, just in case.
First the backup plane is pulled from the flight line. Unfortunate, I was really starting to enjoy that plane. But, it was the backup in this case because of the high daily minimums. At least I still have the primary plane booked.
Checking the schedule I see the main reservation plane is now scheduled for an annual. Supposedly to end before my reservation, but having seen how annuals have had the creeping red crawl on the scheduler before I was already having my doubts. Just to rant a bit. What owner lets their annual fall in the middle of summer? No one want to spend extra money, but, it just takes biting the bullet once and doing a half year annual in the middle of winter to fix that problem. I think the lost revenue from a couple of weeks downtime on the peek flying season would more that make up for the extra half year annual cost.

Anyway, the annual of course, continues right through the weekend. I drive to my intended destination. I am not a Sloppy Driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home